poniedziałek, 5 października 2009

Golliwog

Hello, kids. Regardless of the innate laziness and acquired grumpiness (not to mention the not-exactly-received pronunciation) of the author, we shall not condone avoiding academic issues on this blog (although some excuses I could produce, being a lame student as I am, would not necessarily seem so obviously incredulous; yet I have not the least intention of giving umbrage to any roving student who might have the dubious pleasure of attending classes with me). Therefore, our tonight's entry will concern something unattempted yet in prose or rhyme...


GOLLIWOG!


Yes, that's right.

We shall defiantly scrutinize this absolutely outrageous, appalling racist standard that had reached rock-bottom of good taste quicker than you manage to say intracapsular ankylosis, and that has been inundating gullible young boys' minds for centuries on both continents (like, dude, are there any more?) ever since, to the utmost horror of their aghast mothers and oral skills teachers - before we unanimously spit upon it with disgust and distaste. Or my name ain't Screwtape. Actually, why should I bother? Their English is much more accessible:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackface
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golliwogg

(the Old Wasted Teachers Association actually encourages such practice!)


Andrzej, the Proud Golliwog


PS. It's not like I have some support guys, it's just royal we, correspondent to one of the tonight's entry's sponsoring mottos: The way you treat yourself sets the standard for others. Thanks Kasiu. Let's keep that in mind on Wednesday. (SFX: shivers)

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz